June 22, 2010 - Grandma Killgo's Funeral

Frank and Margaret Killgo - Together ForeverOur Grandma Killgo went home to be with her beloved Frank on June 19, 2010. She was a fun grandma, fantastic mother-in-law and loving mother. She was also a good friend and lots of fun to be with. Her sense of humor and flair for the dramatic will always be her legacy. I will always remember the Christmas Tree decorating parties, teaching me the fun of Christmas stockings, helping me win at Spades and Dominos, loving my children unconditionally and always being there for me when my kids were small and I needed her most. She will be missed, but we are so thankful she is free from the pain and sickness which hampered her life for the past 10 years.
Her theater legacy and Love is....cartoons.

Brannon conducted, spoke and sang "Going Home". He did a magnificent job. I was so proud. Aubrianne also sang "Be Still My Soul" - it was beautiful. Kaitlyn and Court prayed.

" Cheese" --- the funeral director gave Ellianne some flowers from one of the sprays. She was so happy!
Aunt Karen gave her a peacock feather from the casket spray.

Elle was willing to show her flower to anyone-but don't try to take it!

Court, Kate, Honey (Mark's oldest daughter) Brannon, Aubrianne & Ellianne
Me and my babies!
Grandson's Killgo and Duke

2 comments:

Britt said...

what a beautiful and talented family!

Marianne said...

Thanks Britt...they took over as the only grandchildren with experiece speaking in from of audiences. And Brannon magnified his priesthood by conducting this funeral as if he had done 100. I think we take for granted the experience the church give us to take leadership in many situations. I am so greatful for that foundation. I could not have managed being a single parent without the church as a constant for us!!! I am blessed with these amazing kids...don't know how I got so lucky!!