July 31, 2010

I think he's my brother....what do you think? I have looked for my birthfather for the past 23 years...recently my older brother Ron decided to reach out to his younger half-brothers Terry and Trevor Bowman. [He had also hoped to reconnect with his father, Ted (Wayne) Bowman] Although Ted passed away in 2002, Terry and Trevor were quite happy to talk to Ron again. They exchanged pictures and noticed a striking resemblence to a certain sister and her kids!!! While we don't have the DNA to prove it, I'd say a picture is worth a thousand words. I am thrilled...I was able to meet Terry and wife, Mary. They are awesome and I feel so lucky. Terry has been an added joy in my life. It has been very surreal...looking for so long, then finding and losing a man I never got to meet all at the same time. I am blessed to have them in my life!!!

2 comments:

Britt said...

I love this post. How special. I love learning more about adoption through your example. You're amazing Marianne.

Marianne said...

Thanks Britt...i LOVE your blog and YOU inspire me. Adoption has always been my passion...because of the way family is made through the Hand of the Lord. I am blessed to have the best of both worlds...the traits I know I possess because of my DNA - I see them in my brothers and sisters. But also, the incredible parents I am sealed to...my forever family...and the things that are a part of me because of their influence and stability they brought to my life. You have an amazing family! Love you!