March 2010



My awesome friend Regina was able to drop in and visit from Wilmington, DE. I miss my work buddy so much! I'm still mad at CDC for transferring her to Philly...but, if they will send her back, I will forgive them.




Brannon celebrated St. Patrick's Day the way a good BYU Scotch/Irishman should...hanging with friends in kilts.



Apparently Brannon likes to ride with his head out of the window. Is this a Utah thing....should I be worried?



Ellianne went for her first ride on a carosal. She was very serious about the entire matter!






She also had her very first Chocolate shake from the famous Keller's Hamburgers. She loved it. She took possession and you can see by her expression, she wasn't interested in giving it back!


Aubrianne also let her take charge of feeding herself. She loves chocolate pudding...especially with strawberries.


Her newest entertaining trick of the month was hiding in her closet during evening prayers. She thought that if mommy and daddy had their eyes closed, she could hide and wouldn't have to go to bed. She did it every night for weeks!!


One of my 'adopted' daughters, Tyla came home from college for Spring Break. She and Kaitlyn got to hang out and catch up on fun and general craziness.

This is my Albuquerque class. I was there from March 15-25th. To my right is a great co-trainer from Mid-America PTC, Regina Charter. We had so much fun teaching together and we really enjoyed our time in New Mexico. Our class was fun to teach because we had great students. And even though I had to spend my birthday in the airport and on a plane...it was good at the end when Regina and I went out for a good steak dinner. (my favorite!)
For our Book Club this month, we were to choose any Newberry Award Winner. I consulted my good friend Libby (an excellent elementary school librarian) and she recommended Walk Two Moons. I loved it...a funny yet emotional journey of a young girl seeking to know what became of her mother. Her eccentric grandparents add to the humor and comfort of this story.
Mild temperatures and lots of wind made for a great weather month...but the BIG water leak beneath my house made it expensive and a blessing.....more to come!!!

2 comments:

Britt said...

I love these post - the updates, the pictures, the book recommendations, all of it. You're awesome.

Marianne said...

Thanks for all the blog love and support....believe me, it's encouraging. I want to be like you when I grow up. I keep up with your posts on a regular basis. Such a fun way to feel a part of someones life who is far away. I am continuing my quest to catch up and do better. Stay tuned!!!