May 2010 - Everything Old is New Again!

An unknown water leak behind my shower wall and under the toilet, caused the sub-floor under the bathroom and into the hall. The "lovely" pink tiles from the 50's finally had to go!!!



Aubrianne and I went to Home Depot to pick the new tile for the floor and walls - as everything had to come out! Sweet Rusty and Aubrianne helped me to get a new tub and pedestal sink (since those weren't covered by insurance) to help give the room a completely new look.



I think that my favorite thing is the crushed rock decorative border on the shower wall.

Part 2: my sad looking carpet was next to go---I asked if we could refinish the oak floor underneath the carpet instead of putting down new carpet...they said yes!

My sofa wouldn't fit in any other room, so I used it to decorate the driveway. Here is the sanded oak-what a beautiful site...

After sanding came a dark stain and the first coat of poly.

A second coat of poly and some time to dry and the floors look amazing.
My old furniture is too pitiful to put on this great floor....anyone care to donate a new living room set...my floors would be so much less embarrassed! I was just so pleased with the fantastic service I received from my State Farm team and Watermasters Reconstruction for the transformation.

No comments: